ACHIEVEMENTS/PROGRAMMES DURING THE YEAR 2019-2020:
- Under “Blue Revolution – Integrated Development and Management of Fisheries” the Department embarked on vision to construct fish seed rearing units, one time inputs for fish seed rearing units, solar power system for Aquaculture and establishment of
- Under North Eastern Council (NEC), fishery project were developed at Ghowoto Village (Dimapur) and paddy cum fish culture was taken up in (4) four Districts of the State.
- The Department under Rashtriya Krishi Vikas Yojana (RKVY) Scheme embarked on activities such as Development of derelict water bodies, Entrepreneurship development, Development of raceways for cold water fisheries, Development of paddy cum fish culture and Development of Carp hatchery and fish seed rearing unit.
- Under Cold water Fisheries, the Department in collaboration with Indian Council of Agricultural Research – Directorate of Cold Water Fisheries Research (ICAR-DCFR) established one Rainbow trout raceways and hatchery at Dzuleke village,
- For the first time in North East India, the establishment and development of Mahseer brood bank and hatchery at Mokokchung District has enabled the Department to release indigenously bred and reared Chocolate Mahseer fingerlings (The State Fish of Nagaland) into Doyang Reservoir on 5th December
- Fund availability on yearly-basis ending the Annual Plan 2019-2020, an average fish production of 12 MT has been achieved.